When raising the volume for Zone 2 on my RX-V663 the message `Volume Fixed` is displayed
That would be an indication that the RX-V663 is not set up to utilize the Internal Power Amplifier for Zone 2. It may have not ever been setup, but disabled or the system was reset back to factory settings. To set the receiver up for Zone 2 operations using the Internal Power Amplifier for Zone 2 see the instructions below.
Setting up Zone 2 on the RX-V663 using the Internal Power Amp
You will now need to assign the receivers internal amp for Zone 2.
1. Press the AMP Button
2. Press the Set Menu Button.
3. Arrow down to Manual Setup.
4. Press the Enter button.
5. Arrow to the Basic Menu option and press Enter.
6. In the Basic Menu arrow to Speaker Set and press Enter.
7. Arrow to the Extra SP Assign and select ZONE2
8. Press the Return button to exit out and return to the Manual Setup.
Controlling Zone 2 using the RX-V663 remote control
Turning on the power in Zone 2
1. While pressing and holding the AMP button down, press the Power button and then release both buttons.
2. The Zone 2 light should now be lit on the front of the receiver.
Selecting Input sources
1. While pressing and holding the AMP button down, press the desired input selector button
Using the Volume and Mute in Zone 2
1. While pressing and holding the AMP button down, press the Volume/Mute to adjust volume or mute on/mute off on the receiver in Zone 2.
Controlling Zone 2 using the RX-V663 front panel
1. Press the Zone 2 On/Off button to power on Zone 2.
2 Press the Zone Control button to control Zone 2.
3. Use the Input selector to select the desired Zone 2 input.
4. Use the Volume Knob on the receiver to adjust volume in Zone 2.
5. Use the Mute button to mute Zone 2 on/off.
Notes on controlling Zone 2 using the front panel:
Zone 2 adjustments can only be made while the Zone 2 light is flashing on the receiver. If it goes out you will need to press the Zone Control button again. The light will flash for 10 seconds.