Set up Zone 2 using the RX-V1800 internal amp:
1. Make sure the RX-V1800 is unplugged from the power source.
2. Connect the pair speakers that are to be controlled as
Zone 2 to the SP1 speaker terminals.
3. Plug the RX-V1800 back into the power source.
RX-V1800 Receiver Configuration:
1. Bring up the RX-V1800 on screen display (OSD) by setting the
remote control to AMP. This is done using the side selector
switch located to the right of the volume control buttons on
RX-V1800 remote control. Press the Menu button on the RX-V1800
remote control, the On Screen Display (OSD) should be displaying
on the TV Monitor.
2. Use the Up/Down arrows on the RX-V1800 remote control to navigate
to Manual Setup.
3. Press the Enter button on the RX-V1800 remote control to enter
into Manual Setup.
4. In Manual Setup use the Up/Down arrows on the RX-V1800 remote
control to navigate to Option.
5. Press the Enter button on the RX-V1800 remote control to enter
into the Option Menu.
6. Use the Up/Down arrows on the RX-V1800 remote control to navigate
to E>Zone 2 Set.
7. Press Enter on the RX-V1800 remote control to enter into Zone Set.
8. Verify that the carrot ‘>” key is pointing to ZONE2.
9. Use the Up/Down arrows on the RX-V1800 remote control to navigate
10. Use the right arrow button to change it from ext to [SP1].
11. Press the Set Menu button on the RX-V1800 remote control to exit.
Note: There is an option for setting the volume in the zone set:
Max Volume: This is an optional feature but is recommended to prevent
the accidental change in volume levels that could damage the speakers
Initial Volume: This is also a great feature that would seamlessly
start the volume level for the second or third zone at the desired
level eliminating having to set up a special remote macro, as well
as wear & tear on the remote volume control.
** Please note the following:
We do not recommend using any Speaker Selector boxes to enable more
than the recommended number of speakers per terminal.
If you have the main zone setup with 7.1 and you turn on Zone 2,
(The Zone 2 speakers are connected to SP1.) the 6th & 7th channels
will be turned off.
Do you need an additional help?