Enabling ARC (Audio Return Via HDMI)
Your TV MUST support ARC! If ARC is not listed in the TV Manual/Documentation, consult your TV manufacture for assistance.
Setup Note: The Yamaha remote will be needed to access the On Screen display, as well as a HDMI TV/Monitor connected to the HDMI output on the Yamaha receiver.
1. Press the Setup Button to enter the setup menu.
2. Us the Arrow Up/Down buttons to navigate to HDMI.
3. Press the Enter button.
4. HDMI Configuration will come up.
5. Press the Arrow Right button to enter Configuration.
6. HDMI Control should come up and it will need to be set to on if it is not already on using the Arrow Left/Right button.
7. Arrow down to TV Audio. (AV4 is the default and recommended setting.) You can change it using the Arrow Left/Right buttons.
8. Arrow Down to ARC and verify it is set to ON. If not, use the Arrow Left/Right buttons to turn on.
9. Press the Setup button to exit the Setup Menu.
The steps above are the only settings needed to enable ARC on the Yamaha receiver. There are no other tweaks or adjustments to be made.
If you have followed the steps above and ARC is not functioning, try the following:
1. Make sure that you have a High Speed HDMI cable.
2. The HDMI cable is connected to the ARC input on your TV. This may be marked ARC, if not consult your TV owner’s manual for the proper connection.
3. Make sure that you have gone through the proper setup procedure for enabling ARC on you TV.
4. Power the Yamaha receiver and TV On/Off