The RX-V477 has the following differences/advantages over the RX-V475:
1. RX-V477 has 6 HDMI inputs. RX-V475 only has 5.
2. Extra Bass option even with small speakers or no Subwoofer.(Bass Button on Remote for easy access.)
3. Internet Radio Bookmark. RX-V475 bookmarks had to be done on vTuner's web page.
4. Access to Spotify internet radio.
5. Apple Lossless audio playback.
6. Gapless playback compatibility allows play without interruption.
7. HTC Connect™ for music streaming from HTC Connect™ compatible smartphones
8. Background Video feature (for Radio/USB/AUDIO/AUX input). RX-V475 had Radio only.
9. Audio Delay for adjusting Lip-Sync (0-500ms). RX-V475 was 0-200ms.
10. Virtual CINEMA FRONT provides virtual surround sound with 5 speakers in front
11. Option to change the volume scale from -80 to +16.5dB to 0.5 to 97. (RX-V377 to RX-V577 Models only.)
12. RX-V477 does not have the Preset Remote unit feature.
13. The RX-V477 has AV4, AV5 and AV6 Analog/Composite video inputs.
14. The RX-V475 had AV4 Optical, AV5, AV6 Analog/Composite video inputs and a Audio Analog input.
15. The RX-V477 has a Front VAUX Stereo Mini analog and USB 5V-1A input.
16. The RX-V475 has a Front VAUX Composite Video input, Stereo Mini analog and USB 5V-2.1A input.
17. RX-V477 has No iPad playback support. It will charge it however.
18. RX-V477 has no MHL Support.
Power, Dimensions and Weight are the same:
80 W + 80 W Rated Output Power (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09 % THD, 2 ch driven)
115W x 5 Rated Output Power (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 1 ch driven)
Dimensions (W x H x D)
17-1/8” x 6-3/8” x 12-3/8”