This procedure is done using the front panel of your Yamaha receiver.
- Press [Master On/Off] to release it outward to the off position to turn off the unit.
- Locate the [Straight/Effect] button.
- While holding down the [Straight/Effect] button, press in the [MASTER ON/OFF] button.
- The Advanced Menu will come up on the receivers LED display, let go of the [Straight/Effect] button.
- Locate the [Program] selector.
- Rotate the [Program] selector to the right until you see BI-AMP OFF.
- Press the [Straight/Effect] button one time to change the BI-AMP OFF to BI-AMP ON.
- Power the receiver off using the [Master On/Off] button.
- Connect the A speaker and the Surround Back/BI-AMP terminals to your front speakers.
NOTE: When BI-AMP is set to on the options for Presence, Surround Back, Zone 2 AMP and Zone 3 AMP will be disabled.