Changing Remote ID’s
Yamaha receivers have the ability to run on two separate sets of IR commands, ID1 (Default Setting.) and ID2. This would be beneficial if you were running two receivers in one area where there is a chance of one IR remote command reaching both of the receivers. Or if a custom home integration system is being used and there are discrete applications needed. Changing the receiver remote ID is a straight forward process. It needs to be done on the actual receiver through the Advanced Setup Menu and the receiver Remote Control.
Changing the Remote ID on the Yamaha Receiver
- Make sure that the receiver is turned off.
- While pressing and holding down the `Straight` button on the front panel of the receiver, press the `Main Zone/On` Button on the front panel of the receiver one time.
- Let go of the `Straight` button.
- `SP IMP. -8ΩMIN` Should appear on the receiver front screen.
- Use the `Program Right Arrow` button on the front panel to toggle over to `REMOTE ID`.
- Press the `Straight` button to toggle to the desired remote ID. (ID1 or ID2.)
- Power the Receiver off and on using the ` Main Zone/On ` Button on the receiver front panel.
- The receiver is setup for that ID operation and the remote must be programmed next.
Changing the Remote ID on the Yamaha Receiver Remote
Note: These steps must be done within 60 seconds or the operations will time out.
- Press the `Code Set` button on the Yamaha remote control.
- Press the ` Source/Receiver ` button on the Yamaha remote control.
- Enter in the desired code for the ID needed using the number key pad on the Yamaha remote control.
To switch to ID1 enter in `5019`.
To switch to ID2 enter in `5020`.
- If the code is entered successfully the remote ` Source/Receiver ` will blink twice. It the setup fails, (Source/Receiver lights more than 2 times.), please repeat steps 1 through 3 again.
- Test the remote control to make sure it functions.