Zone 2 Setup on the RX-V673 using the ZONE2/PRESENCE Extra Speakers
The RX-V673 extra speaker terminals can power one set of speakers for Zone 2 or Presence speakers. If the extra speaker terminals are utilized then the RX-V673 cannot be set for Bi Amp (Surround Back/BI-AMP terminals).
Setting the Extra Speaker Terminals
Note: The RX-V673 remote control will be used to access the On Screen Menu of receiver.
1. Press the On Screen button on the remote control to enter the On Screen Menu.
2. The On Screen display should be displayed on the TV/Monitor.
3. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote repeatedly until Setup comes up in the screen.
4. Press the Enter Button on the remote control.
5. The Setup Menu will come up across the TV/Monitor screen.
6. Use the Arrow Left & Right buttons on the remote to navigate to Speaker. (If not already selected.)
7. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select Manual Setup.
8. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Speaker Manual Setup menu.
9. Speaker Manual Setup menu with Power Amp Assign highlighted will come up.
10. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Power Amp Assign menu.
11. Speaker Manual Setup, Power Amp Assign menu will come up with Basic highlighted.
12. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
13. Press the Enter button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
14. Press the On Screen button to exit the on screen menu.
To control Zone 2 using the RX-V673 remote, the switch at the upper left side (above the BD/DVD Scene button) of the remote must be set to Zone 2.
To see the operations on the front of the Yamaha receiver you must press the Zone Control button on the front of the receiver.
Note: Only analog signals can be sent to Zone 2. If you want to output the sound from Zone 2, connect an external component to USB Thumb drive, USB iPhone/iPod, Network, AV 5-6 or Audio 1-2 by analog connection. For AM/FM radio the antennas must be attached.
See this link for possible sources:
See this link for a Blu-ray/DVD and Cable/Satellite Box hookup example:
Important safety notice:
The EXTRA SP speaker terminals of this unit should not be connected to a
- Passive Loudspeaker Selector Box
- More than one loudspeaker per channel.
- Connection to a Passive Loudspeaker Selector Box or multiple speakers per channel could create an abnormally low impedance load resulting in amplifier damage.
- Speakers with a speaker impedance level lower than 6 ohms.