Enabling ARC (Audio Return via HDMI)
Your TV MUST support ARC! If ARC is not listed in the TV Manual/Documentation, consult your TV manufacture for assistance.
Setup Note: The Yamaha remote will be needed to access the On Screen display, as well as a HDMI TV/Monitor connected to the HDMI output on the Yamaha receiver.
1. Press the On Screen Button to enter the on screen menu.
2. Use the Arrow Up/Down arrow buttons to navigate to Setup and press enter.
3. The Setup Menu will come up.
4. Us the Arrow Left/Right buttons to navigate to HDMI and press enter.
5. HDMI Configuration will come up and HDMI control should be highlighted.
6. Press the Enter button and HDMI control should come up.
7. Press the Enter button and highlight ON and press enter. (Even if it is already on.)
8. The HDMI Control window will come up with and the following options should be set as noted below. (If not you can use the arrow keys to make changes.)
· TV Audio Input AV4(Default)
· ARC On
· Standby Sync Auto
9. Press the On Screen button to exit the Setup Menu.
The steps above are the only settings needed to enable ARC on the Yamaha receiver. There are no other tweaks or adjustments to be made.
If you have followed the steps above and ARC is not functioning, try the following:
1. Make sure that you have a High Speed HDMI cable.
2. The HDMI cable is connected to the ARC input on your TV. This may be marked ARC, if not consult your TV owner’s manual for the proper connection.
3. Make sure that you have gone through the proper setup procedure for enabling ARC on you TV.
4. Power the Yamaha receiver and TV On/Off