Zone 2 Setup on the RX-A3000 using the ZONE2&3/F.PRESENCE Extra Speakers
The RX-A3000 extra speaker terminals can power one set of speakers for Zone 2 or Presence speakers. If the extra speaker terminals are utilized then the RX-A3000 cannot be set for 7.1 (Surround Back terminals.) or Bi Amp (Surround Back terminals.)
Setting the Extra Speaker Terminals
Note: The RX-A3000 remote control will be used to access the On Screen Menu of receiver.
1. Press the On Screen button on the remote control to enter the On Screen Menu.
2. The On Screen display should be displayed on the TV/Monitor.
3. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote until Setup comes up in the screen.
4. Press the Enter Button on the remote control.
5. The Setup Menu will come up across the TV/Monitor screen.
6. Use the Arrow Left & Right buttons on the remote to navigate to Speaker.
7. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Speaker menu.
8. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select Manual Setup.
9. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Speaker Manual Setup menu.
10. Use the Arrow Up & Down buttons on the remote to navigate to Power Amp Assign.
11. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Power Amp Assign menu.
12. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
13. Press the Enter button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
14. Press the Return button on the remote repeatedly until the main root menu is reached. Then press the On Screen button to exit the On Screen Menu.
To control Zone 2 using the RX-A3000 remote the switch at the upper most left hand corner of the remote must be set to Zone 2. The available operations are as follows:
• Selecting the Input Source of Zone 2.
• Tuning into FM or AM when “TUNER” is selected as the input source of Zone 2.
• Tuning into SIRIUS Satellite Radio when “SIRIUS” is selected as the input source of Zone 2.
• Adjust the volume of Zone 2 devices.
Note: Only analog signals can be sent to Zone 2. If you want to output the sound from Zone 2, connect an external component to AV 5-6 or Audio 1-2 by analog connection.
Important safety notice:
The EXTRA SP speaker terminals of this unit should not be connected to a Passive Loudspeaker Selector Box or more than one loudspeaker per channel. Connection to a Passive Loudspeaker Selector Box or multiple speakers per channel could create an abnormally low impedance load resulting in amplifier damage.