Check the following:
- The first thing to check is to make sure that the sub woofer is connected to the proper connection on the back of the receiver. Please look on the Yamaha receiver and make sure that the sub
woofer is connected to the Sub woofer Output jack and not the Sub woofer Multi-Channel Input jack.
- Check the LFE/Bass Output setting in the Set Menu of the receiver. Verify it is set to the Both option for best sub woofer performance.
- Disconnect the sub woofer cable from the back of the receiver. Once the cable is in your hand verify that the sub woofer is turned on, then tap on the end of the cable and see if you hear
anything from the sub woofer. If it is working properly, you should hear a humming or thumping sound from the sub woofer. If you hear this sound then the sub woofer is working and the receivers’
sub woofer output will need to be checked by an authorized Yamaha service center.
- If no sound is heard then try replacing the sub woofer cable and repeat the test.
- If the sub woofer still does not omit any sound then the sub woofer would need to be tested by a service center.
Do you need an additional help?