When raising the volume for Zone 2 on my RX-V661 the message `Volume Fixed` is displayed
That would be an indication that the RX-V661 is not set up to utilize the Internal Power Amplifier for Zone 2. It may have not ever been setup, but disabled or the system was reset back to factory settings. To set the receiver up for Zone 2 operations using the Internal Power Amplifier for Zone 2 see the instructions below.
Setting up Zone 2 on the RX-V661 using the Internal Power Amp
Setting the RX-V661 remote control to operate Zone 2
1. Using a ballpoint pen or similar object and press the Code Set button. The Transmit Indicator on the remote should flash twice.
2. Using the Numerical Key Pad on the remote and key in 9992, the Transmit Indicator should flash.
You will now need to assign the receivers internal amp for Zone 2.
1. Set the remote control selector to AMP.
2. Press the Set Menu Button.
3. Arrow down to Manual Setup.
4. Press the Enter button.
5. Arrow to the Sound Menu option and press Enter.
6. In the Sound Menu arrow to Speaker Set and press Enter.
7. Arrow to the EXTRA SP ASSIGN and select ZONE2
8. Press the Return button to exit out and return to the Manual Setup.
Controlling Zone 2 using the RX-V661 remote control
1. If the Main Zone on the receiver is on, press the Power button down (If it’s off, press the Standby button.) and while holding that button down press the Phono/** button on the remote. The Transmit Indicator will light up.
2. You will not be able to use the following buttons on the remote: (Pressing any other button will cause the remote to exit Zone 2 mode.)Power, Standby, Volume, Mute and the input selector buttons. (DVD, CD, etc.)
1. Inputs that are connected only with digital audio cables,(HDMI,Optical,Digital Coaxial and Multi Channel.) will not be output via Zone 2.