Zone 2 Setup on the RX-V863 Using the internal power amp
The receiver amp can power: Front B or Zone B or Zone 2 or Presence
Surround Back or Bi-Amp.
Example: You can have 5.1 in the Main Zone and power a second pair
of speakers in Zone 2.
You cannot power 6.1/7.1 and Zone 2 at the same time or Presence
and 6.1/7.1 at the same time.
You will now need to assign the receivers internal amp for Zone 2.
1. Press the AMP Button
2. Press the Set Menu Button.
3. Arrow down to Manual Setup.
4. Press the Enter button.
5. Arrow to the Basic Menu option and press Enter.
6. In the Basic Menu arrow to Speaker Set and press Enter.
7. Arrow to the Extra SP Assign and select ZONE2
8. Press the Return button to exit out and return to the Manual
There is an option for setting the volume in the zone set:
Max Volume: This is an optional feature but is recommended to prevent
the accidental change in volume levels that could damage the speakers
Initial Volume: This is also a great feature that would seamlessly
start the volume level for the second or third zone at the desired
level eliminating having to set up a special remote macro,as well
as wear & tear on the remote volume control.
1. Arrow down to the Option Menu under Manual Setup and press Enter.
2. Arrow down to Zone 2 Set and press enter.
3. Set the INI. (Initial) VOL.(Volume) from OFF to desired level.
4. You can also set the MAX. (Maximum) VOL.(Volume) to desired level.
5. Press the return button and the SET MENU button to exit.
Controlling Zone 2 using the RX-V663 remote control
Turning on the power in Zone 2
1. While pressing and holding the AMP button down, press the Power button and
then release both buttons.
2. The Zone 2 light should now be lit on the front of the receiver.
Selecting Input sources
1. While pressing and holding the AMP button down, press the desired input selector
Using the Volume and Mute in Zone 2
1. While pressing and holding the AMP button down, press the Volume/Mute to adjust
volume or mute on/mute off on the receiver in Zone 2.
Controlling Zone 2 using the RX-V863 front panel
1. Press the Zone 2 On/Off button to power on Zone 2.
2 Press the Zone Control button to control Zone 2.
3. Use the Input selector to select the desired Zone 2 input.
4. Use the volume knob on the receiver to adjust volume in Zone 2.
5. Use the Mute button to mute Zone 2 on/off.
Notes on controlling Zone 2 using the front panel:
Zone 2 adjustments can only be made while the Zone 2 light is flashing
on the receiver. If it goes out you will need to press the Zone Control
button again. The light will flash for 10 seconds.
Notes on sources that can be selected in Zone 2:
Inputs that are connected only with digital audio cables,(HDMI,Optical,
Digital Coaxial and Multi Channel.) will not be output via Zone 2.
Do you need an additional help?