Setting the RX-V471/HTR-4064 for 6 ohm speakers
Note: If you are running 6 ohm and 8 ohm speakers the receiver still needs to be set to 6 ohms. Running speakers with a speaker impedance level of 6 ohms or lower will cause damage to the receiver.
1. Set the unit to Standby by pressing the Power button on the Front Panel.
2. While holding down the Straight button on the Front Panel, press the Power button on the Front Panel.
3. SP IMP. 8 Ohm Min will come up on the Front Panel (You can let go ot the straight button now.).
4. Press the Straight button Once to display 6 Ohms.
5. Power off the receiver using the Power button on the Front Panel.
6. Connect your 6 & 8 ohm speakers and power the unit back on.