1) Press the [PATTERN/SONG] selector button until the red LED labeled 'SONG' is activated.
2) Press the [EDIT] button to enter Edit mode.
3) Use the [+1/YES] or [-1/NO] buttons to locate the Part where the Tempo Change is to be inserted.
4) Press the [TEMPO CHANGE] button.
NOTE: The LCD will display 'Tempo is 00 up'.
5) Use the [+1/YES] or [-1/NO] buttons to increase or decrease the tempo.
NOTE: The display shows the amount of change from the original tempo, measured in beats per minute.
6) Press the [PATTERN/SONG] button to exit Edit mode.
Reference: Owner's Manual, p.19