Parts within a Song can be programmed to gradually increase (Accelerando) or decrease (Ritardando) Tempo. If the Tempo for a Part is increased or decreased, it is recommended that an initial Song Tempo be set otherwise the Song will continue to playback at the Tempo at which it concluded and repeated playbacks will reflect an escalation or de-escalation in Tempo depending on the application of Accelerando or Ritardando changes within the various Parts.
To change or set the initial Tempo of a Song on the RX7:
NOTE: If Tempo Change commands are entered within the Song they will still remain valid after setting an Initial Tempo. Song Tempo can still be altered manually at any time during playback by pressing the [TEMPO] button and then using the Tempo Slider or the [-1/NO] or [+1/YES] buttons to decrease or increase Tempo as desired.
1) Press the [PATTERN/SONG] button once to access Song mode.
2) Enter the two-digit number for the desired Song. The LCD will display data for the selected Song.
3) Press the [REAL TIME WRITE/EDIT SONG] button to enter Song Edit mode. The LCD will display the 'Edit' function and Song number on the top row, and the Part Number and Pattern information on the second row.
4) Press the [JOB] button. The LCD will display the prompt 'push job # -- '
5) Type ''04'' using the numeric keys to access 'Job #04'. The lower line of the LCD will display 'Init Tempo . . .' followed by 'off' or 'on' indicating whether the Initial Tempo setting is disabled or active.
NOTE: If the Initial Tempo is already 'on' and the Tempo needs to be increased or decreased proceed to Step 7.
6) To set the Initial Tempo from 'off' to 'on' press the [+1/YES] button.
7) Press [START/ENTER] button. The current Initial Tempo value will appear in the bottom right corner of the LCD.
8) Press the [+1/YES] or the [-1/NO] button to increase or decrease the Initial Tempo to the desired setting.
NOTE: If the Initial Tempo has been set to 'off' the LCD will display the Tempo value which has been manually set on the unit using the Tempo Slider or the [TEMPO] button with the [+1/YES]/[-1/NO] buttons.
To gradually increase or decrease a Tempo within a Song:
1) Press the [-1/NO] or [+1/YES] buttons while in Song Edit mode to locate the Part within the Song where a Tempo change will begin.
2) Press the [STEP WRITE/INSERT] button. The 'PTN **' parameter field will appear on the bottom right corner of the LCD.
2) Press the [CLICK/TEMPO CHANGE] button. The second line of the LCD will display '1:Accel or 2: Rit' (Accelerando to increase Tempo or Ritardando to slow it down).
3) Press the '1' to increase the Tempo or '2' to decrease it.
NOTE: The lower left corner of the 'Edit Song' display will show '+' (increase) or '-' (decrease) sign followed by a numerator and denominator '00/00' fraction that determines the Tempo change.
4) Enter a two-digit value using the numeric keys into the first part of the fraction that indicates how much the Tempo will be increased or decreased.
5) Press the [ACCENT 2] button to switch to the second part of the fraction.
NOTE: The second part of the fraction will indicate the duration of the Tempo change. For instance, if the Tempo is to be increased by 15 quarter notes per minute over 4 measures, the Accelerando is set to '+15/16' because 4 measures correspond to 16 quarter notes.
6) Enter the number of measures in quarter notes that corresponds to the duration of the Tempo change.
Reference: Owner's Manual p.19-21
NOTE: The limit for quarter notes in a single Tempo change is 99. Entering a Tempo Change command within a repeated section will allow Accelerando and Ritardando Tempo settings to go beyond the 99 quarter note limitation.