The CS6R has two Plug-in Board slots: 'PLG1' and 'PLG2. The 'PLG2' slot is the only one of the two which can take a multi-timbral Plug-in Board. Because the PLG100XG Board is mutli-timbral, it must
be placed in the 'PLG2' slot.
The Voices on the PLG100XG Board can only be selected for Parts 17-32 in Performance Mode.
NOTE: Although the PLG100XG Board Voices are only available for Parts 17-32, MIDI Receive Channels 1-16 are used. The Internal Voice Banks ALSO use MIDI
Receive Channels 1-16 on Parts 1-16. To avoid triggering an Internal Voice Part at the same time as an XG Voice Part, the corresponding MIDI Receive Channel for Parts 1-16 must be turned OFF (muted).
The 'Layer' parameter must also be turned OFF for Parts 1-16.
Muting Parts 1-16 Globally (Method 1):
NOTE: When playing ''live'' without MIDI hookups or when playing sequenced songs, turn the Basic MIDI Receive Channel OFF. This is the quickest way to
mute Parts 1-16.
1) Press the [UTILITY] button.Muting Parts 1-16 Individually (Method 2):
NOTE: Muting the MIDI Receive Channel for each Part is done when playing with sequenced songs or using other devices which require the Basic MIDI
Receive Channel to remain ON.
2) Turn the (PAGE) knob until 'MIDI Ch' is displayed on the left side of the screen.
3) Turn the (B) knob to select OFF.
1)Selecting a PLG100XG Voice in Performance Mode:
Press the [PERFORM]
button to enter Performance Mode.
Initialize the Performance to clear the settings. Click here
for 'Initializing a Performance
on an CS6R'.
Press the [EDIT]
Hold the [SHIFT]
button and turn the (PAGE)
knob until the cursor points to 'LYR' at the bottom of the screen.
Turn the (PAGE)
knob to display 'LYR Mode' on the left side of the screen.
To mute the Internal Voices on Parts 1-16, turn the (A)
knob to select a Part.
Turn the (1)
knob to select 'OFF' in the 'Layer' parameter field.
Turn the (2)
knob to select 'OFF' in the the 'RcvCh' (MIDI Receive Channel) parameter field.
Repeat steps 6-8 for Parts 2-16.
1) Press the [PERFORM] button.
2) Press the [EDIT] button.
3) Hold the [SHIFT] button and turn the (PAGE) knob until the cursor points to 'MIX' at the bottom of the screen.
4) Turn the (PAGE) knob to display 'MIX Vce' on the left side of the screen.
5) Turn the (A) knob to select an available Part.
6) Turn the (B) knob to select the Voice Bank.
7) Turn the (C) knob to select the Voice Number.
8) Repeat steps 4-6 for Parts 18-32.
Reference: Owner's Manual, p.129-134