NOTE: A direct USB connection between the PC and the Motif Rack XS is required.
NOTE: The latest Rack XS firmware can be downloaded from here. This is a zip file and will need to be extracted.
1. Set the Rack XS in FIRMWARE UPDATE mode by pressing (and holding down) the [VOICE], [MULTI], and [▲] buttons, then turn the Rack on.
NOTE: Keep holding these 3 buttons until [FIRMWARE UPDATE] is displayed
2. Start the DAW software.3. In the DAW, make sure Yamaha MOTIF-R XS-1 is assigned as the ‘MIDI out’ port selection ONLY.
NOTE: NOTHING should be assigned to the DAW 'MIDI in' port for this procedure.
NOTE: Conact the DAW software company, for any questions about DAW MIDI in and OUT ports.
4. Create a MIDI track and import the ******_.PGM.mid file (downloaded earlier).
NOTE: Some DAW software will cover two processes at once and create a MIDI track when importing a MIDI file.
5. Play the file from the DAW.
6. The process may take up to 45 minutes to update and will let you know when it’s finished.
NOTE: If any errors appear on the display of MOTIF-RACK XS, turn off the MOTIF-RACK XS, restart the DAW and repeat steps 3-5.
7. When the following display appears, the update is completed, and the MOTIF-RACK XS can be restarted.
@VerifyOK@Finish@Please turn off
Motif Rack XS
Do you need an additional help?