How to Layer and Split on the MOTIF XS RACK
First initialize a “Multi” on the unit. Please follow the instructions below to initialize a “Multi”
1) Select a 'MULTI 'that is available to clear.
2) While holding down the [MULTI] button, press [ENTER].
3) Press [STORE] when finished.
Choose sounds for parts 1 and 2.
1) Push the dial for [CATEGORY SEARCH]
2) Choose an instrument bank then press [ENTER]
3) Choose a voice then press [ENTER]
4) Use the cursor right button to choose part 2.
NOTE: You should see the parts change in the top right corner of the display “P1-P16”
5) Repeat steps 1-3 in this procedure to choose the second for part 2.
Now that we have 2 sounds assigned to parts 1 and 2 we will now create our layer then split.
1) Press [EDIT]
2) Select part 2 then press [ENTER]
3) Select [VOICE] then press [ENTER]
4) Set the “RC CH” for part 2 to channel 1. Parts 1 and 2 should both be setup to receive on channel 1.
****We should now hear both sounds layered
5) Press [EXIT] then select “Play Mode” and press [ENTER]
6) In play mode change “Note Limit Lo” and Note Limit Hi” on parts 1 and 2 to create the split.
For Example: If you would like Part 1 to be the lower voice and Part 2 to be the upper voice and the split at middle C; follow these settings:
Note Limit Lo C-2
Note Limit Hi B 3
Note Limit Lo C 3
Note Limit Hi G 8
****Be sure to Store the multi when complete.
Motif XS Rack, motifxsrack, rack, xs, layer, split, layer/split, motif XS Rack Layer Split