How to change drum voices on the DTX500 and Dtxpress IV
Select a Drum Kit:
1. Press the [DRUM KIT] button to view the Drum Kit Select display (KIT1).
2. Rotate the [JOG] dial to select the Drum Kit you want to use as a starting point for your original Drum Kit. A good idea is to select a Drum Kit that is close in sound to the type of kit you intend to create.
NOTE: Preset Drum Kits (1–50) cannot be stored any changes will be stored to user Drum Kits (51–70).
Assigning Drum Voices:
1. Press the [>] button to view the Drum Voice Select page (KIT2). To select the pad (trigger input source) you want to edit, simply hit the pad you want to edit or use the [SHIFT] + [<]/ [>] buttons.
NOTE: Voice Category
2. Press the [<]/ [>] buttons to move the flashing cursor to the Voice Category and rotate the [JOG] dial to select the Voice Category.
3. Press the [<]/ [>] buttons so that the voice number flashes, then rotate the jog dial and assign a Drum Voice. The voice number and voice name will be displayed.
4. Repeat the steps above to continue changing drum voices if desired.
5. Finally press the [SAVE/ENTER] button to store any changes made to the drum voices to a user drum kit (51–70).