The DD55 can record a user playing the pads by themselves, or along with an existing Song (#00-99), as a 'Custom Song'.
IMPORTANT: If the 'CU' Song is selected BEFORE recording, the recording will not work; Song CU is for playback only. To make a recording, one Song from '00' - '99' must be selected.
- Press the [SONG] button and dial any song from '00' - '99'.
- Mute any Song Tracks that are not desired by pressing the appropriate 'TRACK MUTE' buttons ([DRUM1], [DRUM2], [DRUM3], or [BACKING]). The red LED indicator lights will turn OFF when muted.
NOTE: If all the pads are to be recorded by themselves mute all the Tracks.
- Press the [KIT] button.
- Turn the (DIAL) to select a Drum Kit.
- Press the [TEMPO] button.
- Turn the (DIAL) to set the desired Tempo.
- Press the [REC] button to begin recording.
- Play the Pads.
- Press the [START/STOP] button to stop recording.
WARNING: To retain custom data such as a Custom Song in the DD55 memory when the unit is unplugged, 6 'C' cell batteries must be installed.
Reference: Owner's Manual, p. 20