This setup is often necessary in a group setting where keyboardists are playing together and each keyboard needs to be synchronized or when playing the PSR530 with an external drum machine.
Connecting the keyboards:
- Connect the MIDI OUT of the external keyboard (or other MIDI device) to the MIDI IN of the PSR530.
NOTE: The MIDI Out jack need not be connected for this operation, and cannot be used to connect additional units. If multiple units need to be syncronized, a ''MIDI Thru box'' or ''MIDI Expander'' will need to be utilized.
Setting the PSR530:
- Press one of the [MENU] buttons until the indicator on the left side of the display is pointing to MIDI.
- Press one of the [SUB MENU] buttons until the top of the screen reads 'off: ExtClock'.
- Press the [+/YES] button to set the External Clock setting to On.
- Press one of the [SUB MENU] buttons until the screen reads, '01:Rcv.Ch'.
- Press the [SUB MENU DOWN] button until the screen reads 'nor:Rcv.Mod'.
- Press the [-/NO] button twice to turn Channel 1 Receive Mode off. The screen should read 'off:Rcv.Mod'.
- Press the [SUB MENU UP] button until the screen reads '##:Rcv.Ch'. (The '##' symbol can be any number between 01 and 16)
- Press the [+/YES] button to advance to the next channel. The screen should read '02:Rcv.Ch'.
- Repeat steps 5-8 until all 16 Receive Channels are turned Off.
NOTE: This procedure will work only if the external keyboard sends MIDI START and MIDI CLOCK.
By pressing the [START] button on the external keyboard/drum machine, it should send a start message and clock signal. The PSR530 will use the clock signal for its style tempo or song tempo.
Do you need an additional help?