Having multiple instances of Yamaha USB device drivers canhinder the ability of the computer to communcate with the Yamah device via USB. The procedure belowcan allow the removalof unused device drivers.
1. Click Start.
2. Select 'Run'.
3. Type in CMD and press Enter.A DOS window will open.
4. Type C: andpress Enter.
5. Type: set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and press Enter.
6.Type: start devmgmt.msc and pressEnter. Device Manager will launch.
7. From theDevice Manager toolbarselect VIEW and click on 'Show Hidden Devices'.
CAUTION: Many "Hidden Devices" are crucial to the operation of the computer. Do not delete or edit anything if its function or purpose is not fully understood.
8. Go to Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
9. Remove allgreyed out (seen but not being used) YamahaUSB drivers.
10. Type Exitin the DOS window and reboot the computer twice.
NOTE: After the USB communcation with your Yamaha device is established, it would be prudent to go through the first seven steps of the process above once again to uncheck 'Show Hidden Devices'.