Features in the P-255 which didn't come in the P-155:
- 256 notes of polyphony versus 128 on the 155.
- New three Pedal system, none was on the 155.
- USB To Host. No separate interface cable is required to the connect the 255 to a computer, just a standard USB A-B cable which is available everywhere and uses Yamaha’s USB Drivers.
- Graded Hammer (GH) action with Synthetic Ivory keytops.
- New fuller sound chip CF Grand Expression, the sound is similar to the high end CLP Clavinova series.
Adapt your sound to any situation with a suite of features like an easy-access, 3-band EQ. Sound Boost combines dynamic processing & EQ to make you louder in the mix. Finally, turn the internal speakers on or off for flexibility in different playing situations.
- Optional 3-pedal unit (LP-255) & matching stand (L-255).
A rich, graphic, touchscreen interface for your digital piano! Store & recall your favorite effect, Dual & Split keyboard settings. Browse & control your MIDI & Audio songs on optional USB flash drives, or control the internal drum rhythms. This app also allows you to store unlimited user setups for instant recall, a feature not available on the instrument by itself.
- 1/8 Stereo Ipod/iphone/ipad audio input.
- Piano Lock button so voices cannot be inadvertently selected.