NOTE: A Pattern assigns a unique phrase number to the MIDI data on each track of a section. A phrase recorded in one Pattern can be copied and accessed from a different Pattern. This can be useful if a drum phrase has been recorded to a Pattern, it can be copied to another Pattern without recording again. Keep in mind this process only copies the MIDI data and not the voice settings for the track.
1. Press the [PATTERN] button.
2. Press the [JOB] button.
3. Press the [F4] button for the phrase tab.
4. Select 01:Copy Phrase
5. Press the [ENTER] button.
6. On the top set the source phrase to copy.
NOTE: To determine the phrase, view the patch tab in the normal Pattern mode. Press the desired [A-P] section button, and note the phrase number for the desired track.
7. On the bottom set the destination Pattern and phrase to copy.
8. NOTE: on the Motif XS and Motif XF uncheck “Current Pattern” to enable the selection of a different Pattern.
9. Press the [ENTER] button. When “Completed” is displayed, the copied phrase will now be available in the patch tab of the new Pattern using the phrase number set in step 7.