There are European shank and American shank mouthpieces. Which mouthpiece does a Yamaha horn use?

Last Update: 09/03/2010

There two types of shanks for horn mouthpiece. One is 3/100 taper, another is 5/100 taper. Generally, a 3/100 shank is called European shank and a 5/100 shank is called American shank. Yamaha horns use American shank mouthpieces. The mouthpipe of Yamaha horns have a double shank, having both tapers (3/100 and 5/100) in a pipe. One exception is the YHR-868GD, which comes with two mouthpiece adapters, one for a 3/100 shank and one for a 5/100 shank taper. Since some areas of the double shank mouthpipe make contact with both types of taper, the mouthpipe will fit both mouthpieces.

Was this answer helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. It is possible that we have another article that will address your issue better.
Please click here to see additional articles, or click here to contact our tech support team.

Contact Us

Do you need an additional help?

Return to Top